1. Colorado Refugee and Immigrant Immunization Task Force. Refugee and Immigrant School Health Immunization Training. 2019.
In 2018, the Task Force identified a need to support schools in vaccinating refugee and immigrant students and delivered a survey to school health personnel to learn more about the challenges school nurses and health staff face in ensuring immigrant and refugee students meet school vaccine requirements, as well as current practices and/or needs for enhanced support, education and/or resources to address these obstacles.
In response, the Task Force developed this 20-minute, on-demand training to support school nurses and other school health personnel in ensuring refugee and immigrant students are up to date on school-required vaccinations.
2. Janine Young. Pediatric Immigrant and Refugee Health: Medical Issues and Vaccine Preventable Disease. 2015. Presentation
3. CHOP PolicyLab Webinar: Refugee Health Care in the United States. 2018
PolicyLab researcher Katherine Yun, MD, MHS, and Minnesota Department of Health's Refugee Health Coordinator Blain Mamo, MPH examine common models of refugee health care and how we can use tools to standardize care for all refugees.
4. Colorado Department of Human Services, Refugee Services. The Refugee Integration Survey and Evaluation (RISE) Year Five: Final Report: A study of refugee integration in Colorado. 2016.
Researchers surveyed refugees yearly (baseline + 3 additional years). This five year report is the culmination of the RISE project, which in 2014-2015 administered 327 surveys to Bhutan/ Burmese refugees with the aims to evaluate ten different survey measures:
1. Employment & Economic Sufficiency 6. Social Bonding
2. Education & Training 7. Social Bridging
3. Children’s Education 8. Language & Cultural Knowledge
4. Health & Physical Well‐Being 9. Safety & Stability
5. Housing 10. Civic Engagement
5. Christopher Czaja, Penny Grande, John Douglas, & the Refugee Health Work Group. Assessment of the Health Needs of Refugees in the Tri-County Region. Tri-County Health Department. 2015.
Identified ten key issues:
6. Colorado Department of Human Services, Refugee Services Program. An Overview of Refugee Resettlement. 2016
Includes an overview of the refugees, the clearance process, the refugee resettlement process in the US and Colorado, as well as refugee medical health screenings.
QUICK RESOURCE GUIDES
Below are quick-reference documents
Colorado Refugee Service Plan Overview Info-Graphic 2018 (Colorado Department of Human Services)
Society of Refugee Health Providers
A group of medical providers, nurses, social workers, researchers, coordinators and other professionals that provide services for newly-arriving refugees. Membership includes access to a listserv which includes CDC updates and vaccine-related info from overseas sites.
Centers for Disease
Last Updated on October 5, 2018
Sign up to stay informed when new refugee resources or updates become available!